ok so for those of you in here who played gears (all of u im assuming) u may have noticed how many of the multiplayer matches were either sniper battles or shotgun dances right? well i have read and noticed a few things i thought i might share with u guys
1. the active reload in a sniper no longer downs a person just wounds them severely to the point that two or three pistol shots would down them so the only way to guarantee a kill with a sniper rifle is a headshot
2. the charge up time for a torque bow is less than last time making it balance out with the sniper because in gow1 its was most likely the the bow shooter would have his head shot off before the bow charged up enough to stick into the person
3. the shotgun is less powerful and less area of effect. but it does have a longer range......alot longer, im guessing 3 times as long as before as long as you aim.
4. everything is more balance now as well. if you feel like camping with a sniper, bow, or turret, thats fine.......for about ten seconds until someone finds out where you are and finds a mortar....no more camping for that round lol but thats just one of the many examples how everything has its checks and balances
5. this is the big one. in multiplayer matches it used to be a favorite tactic of most to rush an enemy no matter what he had and shotgun him. that is next to impossible now because rushing is no longer an option. if you run at someone and they shoot you, you slow down and eventually stop running while taking damage. it sorta works like if you get shot while revving your chainsaw you put it down so no more bum rushing without the proper timing and cover
well thats about it, this is a well thought out game where no weapon is superpowerful and wont be the standard in multiplayer, allowing everyone to have their strengths and weaknesses and people will be able to branch out more with different weapons
imagine every squad with a really good sniper, a realy good bow, a kick ass mortar/turret, and two assault rifle/shotgun support guys?
..........kick ass i know